Enhanced Skills - Program Info - Maternal and Newborn Care
- The Maternal and Newborn Care Program is comprised of 6 blocks, combining low risk obstetrics clinic and inpatient experience, with NICU and neonatal resuscitation, breastfeeding clinics, weekly high risk obstetrics experience, and a Medical Disorders in Pregnancy Clinic rotation. 3 blocks will be in rural locations
- Advanced competencies in ante-, intra-, and post-partum care, as well as lactation and newborn feeding
- Modules based on learning objectives developed by local expert & stakeholders with the option of adding your own elective experiences
- Scheduling provided by Family Medicine Residency administration with an aim to include more than one hospital location to afford a richer breadth and depth of learning experience
- Residents are encouraged to identify a mentor who is active in maternity & newborn care
- Additional time and objectives proposed by the applicant will depend largely on clinical availability. Possibilities include the Diabetes in Pregnancy Clinic, Pelvic Floor Clinic, Infertility Clinic, STI Clinic, Early Pregnancy Loss Clinic, and the Therapeutic Abortion Clinic.
- Competency Learning Objectives (PDF, 82KB)
Rotation Specific Competencies
Click Here for information on our application process.
Enhanced Skills Orientation
Please note, regardless of the Enhanced Skills Program start date, all Residents are required to attend the July orientation, which is a mandatory event. The orientation is always scheduled for the first business day in July from 1-4pm.
Dr. Amy Gausvik